Lacy Danes - Erotic Romance Author

»Friday, August 06, 2010:
Welcome Erotic Author Juniper Bell and Her Naughty Regency MY THREE LORDS

Welcome to Juniper Bell. She is new Regency erotic author with her first book out from Ellora's Cave called My Three Lords.

My Three Lords
by Juniper Bell

How is one innocent country girl to choose between a Duke, a Marquis and an Earl? Must she?

When Miss Alicia Silverwood marries the Earl of Dorchester, he whisks her off to Notre Plaisir, a country manor where erotic surprises await in the company of three powerful lords.
The young Earl needs a wife and heir. The cynical Marquis de Beaumont needs a playmate. And the commanding Duke of Warrington needs a reason to live. As for the new Lady Dorchester, she’s about to discover the true nature of her own sensual needs. On top of that, she’s falling in love.
It might take a miracle for Lady Alicia and her three lords come to an arrangement that makes them all happy. Or perhaps all that’s required is a little scandalous rule- breaking.


Sounds wonderfully naughty. I am truly looking forward to reading this one. Grin.

So here she is... Juniper Bell.

I’m a lifelong fan of the Regency genre, but the idea of writing Regency has always terrified me. The research, the clothing, the etiquette… I like it when other writers do all that hard work and I can sit back with some bonbons or a glass of ratafia and enjoy the finished product.

So I have no explanation for why I decided to write “My Three Lords,” a Regency erotica – a ménage story that flashed into my mind one day. I suppose because the idea seemed so daring. An upperclass young lady, daughter of a gentlemen, becoming intimate with three very different lords? How would that come to pass, given the restricted social atmosphere of the day? What emotional path would lead the four of them there?

If she were a courtesan or a bit o’ muslin, it would be easier. But I wanted to write the story within the confines of the “ton.” Why? Cork-brained, I guess. But the character who inspired the story, Miss Alicia Silverwood, was so clearly young and innocent that I couldn’t write it any other way.

When I first started writing, the voice of my heroine spoke to me very clearly. I knew exactly who she was, and what she would discover about herself during her scandalous honeymoon. The three lords, the Duke, the Marquis and the Earl, fell into place as I wrote. Each one wants her and needs her for a different reason. But can they bring themselves to shatter the rules of society in order to find happiness and satisfaction? Can Alicia reconcile her desires with her role in life, that of a wife and bearer of heirs?

Part of the fun of the Regency period is the rules. If nothing’s holding you back from doing whatever you want, there’s no conflict. But if you know you’re supposed to behave a certain way, and your inner needs lead you in a different direction, things become very interesting. (At least to me.)

I had a great time writing this book, which is mostly in 1st person. I got to put myself in the shoes of a young Regency miss who is lucky enough to fall for three powerful lords, although in very different ways. I got to learn which “sex words” were used in the Regency, and which weren’t. (Did you know that “muffin” was a term for breasts?) And I acquired intimate knowledge of exactly how those period undergarments worked.

But now I’d like to take a break and go back to my old, leisurely ways. I want to relax on a couch and read other people’s books. And I would love to read more Regency erotica, stories that are focused on a sensual relationship against the backdrop of the Regency. Can anyone give me some recommendations? What’s your favorite Regency erotica? Or your favorite extra-sexy Regency that might not qualify as erotica? Comment with a title, and you’ll be entered in a drawing for “My Three Lords,” out now from Ellora’s Cave.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to Lacy Danes for having me on her blog!

Juniper Bell

~~~~

If you wish to read a little taste of this story you can check out an excerpt here for My Three Lords.

Hope you enjoyed!

Hugs,
Lacy

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments

  1. Juniper, I love My Three Lords. What woman wouldn't want a man for every desire and whim? Setting it in the Regency era provided such a rich backdrop. Keep up the good work and congrats on another beautiful cover:)

    Boone Brux


  2. This was such a great book. I love how all the relationships between all the characters are so interwoven with each other. The dining room scene is so emblematic of that.

    I also loved how unique all the characters are.

    As for ultra-sexy Regency romances...I can only recommend m/m stories (which probably helps to explain my on-going fascination with your Marquis!). Some of my favorites are Object of His Desire and Convincing Arthur--both by Ava March and An Improper Holiday by KA Mitchell.


  3. Thanks for the kind words, Boone and PG! And thanks to Lacy for hosting me here.

    PG, those are excellent recommendations! I adore both those writers, but haven't read those particular books. Thanks!


  4. Hey Juniper!
    You know in real life I'm not an expert on erotica or Regency. But with your covers, your stunning writing and your knack for incredible sensuality-you know you're the one who'll lead me "astray" and make me love it! I've loved your other books--can't wait to read this one! Congrats on your first EC release.


  5. Your story explores the sexuality and dreams of a proper Regency miss. I always wondered, as I read those stories, how these proper girls really felt, and if they allowed themselves to free reign to dream, what those dreams would be. Kudos on exploring the possibilities!
    It's also a fun story, quite the romantic and emotional romp.


  6. I can't think of any Regency off the top of my head but Frances Stockton has a great shifter series that is published by either Ellora's Cave or Cerridwen Press.

    There are 3 books and they are historical romances. They are really good.


  7. This is a wonderful story that fits with Regency hands down. I look forward to reading more from you.


  8. Almost makes me want to pop back in time... Hmm, or can we jump those hot guys forward??

    Another great story, Juniper!


  9. Hmm, Juniper, this sounds like a very interesting book. I would love to know how you worked out the details.
    As for you request for suggestions, I know of several Regency novels, not necessarily erotic, but very fun and sexy. Elizabeth Boyle's One Night of Passion is an interesting story, but you might have togo to a used bookstore to find it, unless Avon has put backlists on ebook.

    Have a great day.
    Qwillia


  10. Amazing, fabulous, juicy and sweet is what this sounds like. Having read Juniper's other tasty treats, there is no doubt that this one will be every bit as satisfying.


  11. My Three Lords is a very sexy read, Juniper! Loved it! And I never really thought about how the rules of the day really do rev up the tension. Well done!


  12. Thanks so much for all the great comments and book recommendations! I think Lacy is on vacation (right, Lacy?) so I'll leave the contest up at least until the end of the weekend.

    Juniper


  13. Yeah! I was away this weekend... you can leave the contest up until the end of the month if you like.

    I have several naughty books you might like. Grin. Some by me. Shameless promotion. Some period pieces, others by amazing authors of the present day. I will list my thoughts after the kids are in bed and I can gather my scattered thoughts on which are my all time faves.

    Hugs. So happy to have you here.

    Lacy.


Post a Comment